Full course description
Understanding Project Management
This course is designed to review the essentials of project management including important project management principles, tools, and strategies.
This course is for the experienced project manager, with between 1-3 years of direct project management experience.
This course would be applicable to those experienced with project management. Those who have a strategic role in planning and evaluating projects should also be encouraged to take this course.
This course will enable learners to:
- Describe what is meant by a project
- Explain what project management means
- Identify benefits of projects
- Identify the phases of a project’s life cycle
- Prioritize projects
- Begin conceptualizing your project, including goals and vision statements
- Contribute to creating a Statement of Work
- Have a better ability to sell ideas and make presentations.
- Know simple techniques and tools for planning and tracking your project.
- Have methods for keeping the team focused and motivated.
Components of this project
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 13-16 hours of course material and assignments.
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
[[[State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.]]