Full course description
Speaking Under Pressure
This course is designed to introduce the learner to components related to public speaking.
This course is for the novice employee who wants to review the elements of public speaking and how to effectively deliver speeches and talks in front of others.
This course would be applicable to all employees that may have to present to large groups of people.This course covers planning for, writing, and delivering speeches and presentations and also outlines best practices that the learner can use to implement these components to improve their public speaking abilities.
This course will enable learners to:
- Apply quick and easy preparation methods that will work whether you have one minute or one week to prepare.
- Prepare for questions, even before you know what those questions will be.
- Overcome nervousness that you may have when speaking in front of a group, particularly if the group is not sympathetic to what you have to say.
- Use presentation techniques that establish your credibility and get people on your side.
Components of this project
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
[[[State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.]]