This course is designed to introduce students to the essentials of project management including important project management principles, tools, and strategies.
This course is for the new project manager, with less than 1 year of direct project management experience.
This course would be applicable to those new to project management who have an important role in helping to plan and monitor projects.
This course will enable learners to:
- Describe what is meant by a project
- Explain what project management means
- Identify benefits of projects
- Identify the phases of a project’s life cycle
- Sell ideas and make presentations related to pitching a project
- Prioritize projects
- Begin conceptualizing your project, including goals and vision statements
- Use project planning tools
- Contribute to creating a Statement of Work
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
[[[State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.]]