Full course description
Problem Solving and Decision Making
This course is designed to review problem solving and decision making strategies.
This course is for all employees that have to work with others, solve workplace problems/issues, and those who may be responsible for managing and leading others.
This course would be applicable to all employees who are interested in refreshing their knowledge ofproblem solving techniques and strategies. This course reviews common problem solving concepts and is designed to be a comprehensive refresher course.
This course will enable learners to:
- Apply problem solving steps and tools
- Analyze information to clearly describe problems
- Identify appropriate solutions
- Think creatively and be a contributing member of a problem solving team
- Select the best approach for making decisions
- Create a plan for implementing, evaluating, and following up on decisions
- Avoid common decision-making mistakes
Components of this project
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
[[[State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.]]