Full course description
Personal Development Boot Camp
This course is designed to introduce employees to effective strategies that can be used to increase productivity.
This is targeted for the introductory audience, those with 1-3 years of work experience.
This course would be applicable to all employees within an organization that have daily tasks to complete. The average student will have to manage multiple tasks of varying size on a daily basis. They may be managers, entry level employees, or supervisors.
This course will enable learners to:
- Identify what personal efficiency is
- List the skill sets needed for personal productivity
- Explain why multi-tasking is a myth
- Identify at least one long-term and one-short term goal
- Apply the 80/20 rule and learn how it should affect planning
- Identify the characteristics of a good organizational system
- Develop a plan for an efficient workspace, including a customized information center and a filing system
- Use strategies to prioritize work
- Create routines to simplify your life
- Develop methods for tackling tasks and prevent procrastination
Components of this project
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10 hours of course material and assignments.
- Personal Action Plan worksheet to be completed by the student
- Print syllabus for download by student
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
[[[State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.]]