Full course description
Managing the Virtual Workplace
This course is designed to introduce the learner to components related to telecommuting or working remotely for an organization. This course is for the novice employee who is unfamiliar with virtual work environments.
This course is for the novice employee who is unfamiliar with virtual work environments.
This course would be applicable to all employees that may have a virtual role in an organization or those who are also looking to increase their productivity by working from home or working in a virtual office. This course also reviews the components of team development and best practices with working with virtual teams.
This course will enable learners to:
- Create a virtual workplace strategy
- Develop, implement, and maintain telecommuting programs
- Build a virtual team and lead them to success
- Understand how successful teams are built and formed over time
- Plan and lead virtual meetings
- Use technology to support your virtual workplace
- Overcome cultural barriers when leading virtual teams
- Develop your virtual leadership skills
Components of this project
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 8-10 hours of course material and assignments.
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
[[[State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.]]