Full course description
Managing Difficult Conversations
This course is designed to introduce the learner to how to appropriately handle difficult conversations in the workplace.
This course is for the any employee that feels they could use more guidance on handling difficult or confrontational situations.
This course would be applicable to all employees that deal with conflict or confrontation on a regular basis. All managers should take this course to help them refine their ability to interact with their subordinates when a difficult situation arises.
This course will enable learners to:
- Define frame of reference
- Establish a positive intent and a desired outcome
- Use good communication skills during a conversation
- Draft a script for a difficult conversation
- Use specific steps to carry out a difficult conversation
- Access additional resources as required
- Maintain safety in a conversation
Components of this project
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.