Full course description
This course is designed to introduce the learner to components related to managing information and knowledge within an organization.
This course is for the employee that need to gather, store, and share information throughout the organization.
This course would be applicable to all employees that have to gather, manage, and store information for their work role. This can include those in an IT role and/or training capacities. This course reviews the types of information that may be store, how to store it, and how to share information to maximize productivity.
This course will enable learners to:
- Define knowledge and knowledge management.
- Explain the difference between explicit and tacit knowledge.
- Identify various knowledge management theoretical models.
- Explain how a properly implemented knowledge management program can improve efficiency.
- Describe the steps for employing a new knowledge management program in an organization.
- Identify the required components for implementing a knowledge management framework within an organization.
Components of this project
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
[[[State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.]]