Full course description
This course is designed to introduce the learner to components related to emotional intelligence, working with others, and having empathy for others.
This course is applicable for all employees, especially those that which to better work with others and improve their empathy skills. This course reviews emotional intelligence, the role it takes in the workplace, and how the learner can improve their relationships with others.
This course would be applicable to all employees that have a customer service role or a role that requires them to interact with others, including co-workers.
This course will enable learners to:
- Understand what emotional intelligence means
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Create a personal vision statement
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotions in others
Components of this project
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
• Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
[[[State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.]]