Full course description
Effective Planning and Scheduling
This course is designed to review important project management and project planning concepts including how to assess risk and diagram project tasks and milestones.
This course is for the advanced project manager who has experience with risk management, project planning, and creating various project timelines and milestones. Students must have completed the intermediate project management course, or have at least 1 year of project management experience.
This course would be applicable to all project managers within an organization that have at least 1 year of project management experience
This course will enable learners to:
- Define and create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Identify and understand task relationships
- Estimate task durations and determine project duration
- Construct a network diagram
- Calculate the critical path of a project
- Use the Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) to create estimates
- Plan for risks
- Create a communication plan
- Effectively allocate project resources
- Update and monitor the project schedule
Components of this project
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
[[[State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.]]