Full course description
Creative Thinking and Innovation
This course is designed to introduce creativity techniques and tools that can be used in the workplace.Students will explore common creativity models and strategies.
This course is for any employee that is required to work in teams, create new products and services, or is otherwise assigned tasks that involve analysis, innovation, or problem-solving.
This course would be applicable to all employees interested in learning more about how to be creative at work and how to help generate ideas and innovation in the workplace.
This course will enable learners to:
- Identify the difference between creativity and innovation
- Recognize your own creativity
- Build your own creative environment
- Explain the importance of creativity and innovation in business
- Apply problem-solving steps and tools
- Use individual and group techniques to help generate creative ideas
- Implement creative ideas
Components of this project
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10 hours of course material and assignments.
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.