Full course description
Conflict Resolution: Getting Along in the Workplace
This course is designed to introduce the learner to components related to identifying and resolving conflict in the workplace.
This course is for the employee that may need to resolve conflicts among peers and/or subordinates. This is ideal for the learner who has limited knowledge related to conflict management and resolution techniques.
This course would be applicable to all employees that have to work in groups or are having unresolved issues with co-workers or subordinates.
This course will enable learners to:
- Understand what conflict is and how it can escalate.
- Understand the types of conflict and the stages of conflict.
- Recognize the five most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them.
- Increase positive information flow through non-verbal and verbal communication skills.
- Develop effective techniques for intervention strategies.
- Become more confident of your ability to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance.
Components of this project
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
[[[State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.]]