Full course description
Becoming Management Material
This course is designed to introduce students to effective business leadership skills that can be used to manage and supervise others.
This course is for the new and experienced supervisor, those with experience ranging from 6 months to 5 years.
This course would be applicable to all supervisors who are responsible for managing at least one other staff member.
This course will enable learners to:
- Define your role as a manager and identify how that role differs from other roles you have had.
- Understand the management challenge and the new functions of management.
- List the process of change and how change is implemented.
- Identify ways to stay organized and manage your time.
- Describe how to delegate and techniques you can use to coach, delegate, and manage others.
- List ways that you can prepare, manage and engage others during meetings.
Components of this project
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 13-15 hours of course material and assignments.
It may be helpful to find video/media material for customer service examples. Several YouTube videos have been employed in this course, however, it is strongly advised to replace these videos with similar media demonstrating appropriate customer service practices like from Chester Hull.
[[[State any anticipated constraints that might impact the ability to successfully complete this project. For example: Several on-site videos will be created as part of this course. Video shoots will be scheduled at the convenience of Plant 72. If the shoots can’t be scheduled within a reasonable timeframe without affecting the plant’s manufacturing schedule, target dates in this agreement may need to be revised.]]